Warranty statement– Standard manufacturer’s warranty
Version of 01.06.2022
In addition to the rights stipulated in these conditions, the end customer is entitled to statutory rights in the event of defects. These rights can be exercised free of charge and are not restricted by these conditions.
1. GARDENA Manufacturing GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “GARDENA”) grants a two-year manufacturer`s warranty for all new Original GARDENA products (hereinafter referred to as “products”). If a specific product has a longer warranty period, this will be indicated by an icon printed on the packaging for the respective product and/or in the online product description available at www.gardena.com. The warranty is valid from the time of first purchase from the retailer pursuant to the following conditions, if the products have only been used for private use, i.e. have not been used commercially or professionally, and the defect is proven to have occurred within the warranty period and the claim is also made within this warranty period (hereinafter referred to as “warranty”). The date on the original sales receipt is therefore definitive for any claims. This warranty does not apply to products acquired second hand.
2. Subject to the following terms and conditions, GARDENA warrants to the end customer that the product is free of defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear on parts and components (such as V-belts, running wheels, lamps, air filters, blade fasteners, blades, turbines, toothed belts, spark plugs), changes in visual appearance or wear parts and expendable parts.
3. Under the warranty, we will – at our own discretion – either provide a replacement product that is free of defects or will repair the product that has been sent back to us free of charge, provided that the following conditions are met:
• The product has been handled properly and as per the recommendations in the operating instructions.
• No attempt has been made by the purchaser or a third party to open or repair the product.
• Only original GARDENA spare and wear parts have been used to operate the product.
• A copy of the original sales receipt is submitted.
4. This warranty is limited to replacement or repair in accordance with the aforementioned conditions. Replaced products or parts become our property. Other claims against us as manufacturer, for example for damages, are not justified by the warranty. In particular, you have no claim to the supply of a replacement product for the duration of the repair. Warranty services shall neither extend nor renew the warranty period for the product.
5. This warranty is valid worldwide.
GARDENA shall be exempted from its warranty obligations if the fulfilment of the terms of the warranty would result in a breach of the provisions of national or international foreign trade law or a breach of embargoes and / or other sanctions.
6. To make a valid claim under this manufacturer’s warranty the product and proof of purchase must be provided to the retailer. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, neglect, adjustments and or modifications by the consumer or normal wear and tear, the costs of shipping and handling, travel expense, lost time, or pickup and delivery.
7. The warranty is governed by the law of the Federal Republic of Germany, to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). This choice of jurisdiction does not mean that you, as a consumer, are deprived of the protection afforded to you by those provisions which, under the law of the State in which you are habitually resident, cannot be derogated from by agreement.
Australia: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Husqvarna Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 45 115 475 619) 4 Pioneer Avenue, Tuggerah NSW 2259. Tel: 1300 804 213