(Last updated: 14/02/2022)
In addition to the 2-year standard manufacturer's warranty (to the standard manufacturer's warranty policy) granted by GARDENA Manufacturing GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "GARDENA"), you can extend this standard manufacturer's warranty for robotic lawnmower products by 12 months from 2 years to a total of 3 years.
Batteries are excluded from this extended manufacturer's warranty. In addition, the other exclusions shall apply as set out under Clause II. 2. listed below.
In addition to the rights stipulated in these conditions, the end customer is entitled to statutory rights in the event of defects. These rights can be exercised free of charge and are not restricted by these conditions.
I. Requirements for an extended manufacturer's warranty
To extend the manufacturer's warranty, you need to create a customer account by going to www.gardena.com/registration and then register your purchased GARDENA product in your profile within three months of the date of purchase. This three-month deadline is dictated by the date on the original proof of purchase. You must therefore keep the receipt as proof. Once you have successfully registered your product, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. This email will also be needed as proof for the purposes of making a claim under the warranty and you will need to produce a printed copy.
II. Additional conditions/exclusions
The following additional conditions apply to the extended manufacturer's warranty:
1. The extended manufacturer's warranty will only be valid if the robotic lawnmower products have only been used for private use, i.e. have not been used commercially or professionally, and the defect is proven to have occurred during the warranty period and the claim is also made within this warranty period. The date on the original proof of purchase is therefore crucial for any claims. This extended manufacturer's warranty does not apply to products acquired second hand.
2. GARDENA guarantees the end customer that the product is free from material or processing defects. Normal wear and tear of parts and components (such as V-belts, impellers, light bulbs, air filters, blade fixing parts, blades, turbines, toothed belts, spark plugs), visual changes, wear parts and consumables are excluded from the extended warranty.
3. The services under the warranty are rendered by supplying a fully functional replacement product or by repairing the faulty product sent to us free of charge; we reserve the right to choose between these options. This service is subject to the following provisions being fulfilled:
• The product was used for its intended purpose as per the recommendations in the operating manual.
• Neither the purchaser nor a third party has attempted to open or repair the product.
• Only Original GARDENA replacement parts and wear parts have been used for operation.
• Copy of the original proof of purchase and product registration confirmation email have been submitted.
4. This extended manufacturer's warranty is limited to replacement or repair in accordance with the aforementioned conditions. Replaced products or parts become our property. The extended manufacturer's warranty does not constitute an entitlement to lodge other claims against us as a manufacturer, such as for damages. In particular, you are not entitled to receive a replacement product while your product is being repaired. Warranty services shall not extend or renew the warranty period for the product.
III. Scope of application of the extended manufacturer's warranty
This warranty only applies to robotic lawnmower products purchased and used in the following countries:
Member States of the EU/countries of the EEA, United Kingdom, Albania, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, China, Georgia, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Malta, Moldova, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Russia, Switzerland, Serbia, South Africa, South Korea, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan.
GARDENA does not provide a warranty for products purchased or used in other countries. GARDENA will be released from its warranty obligation if fulfilling the warranty would result in a violation of national or international regulations of foreign trade legislation or of embargoes and/or other sanctions.
IV. Making a claim under the warranty
To make a valid claim under this manufacturer’s warranty the product and proof of purchase must be provided to the retailer. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, neglect, adjustments and or modifications by the consumer or normal wear and tear, the costs of shipping and handling, travel expense, lost time, or pickup and delivery.
V. Applicable law
The extended manufacturer's warranty is governed by the law of the Federal Republic of Germany, to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). This choice of jurisdiction does not mean that you, as a consumer, are deprived of the protection granted to you by those provisions which, under the law of the State in which you are habitually resident, cannot be derogated from by agreement.
Australia: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Husqvarna Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 45 115 475 619) 4 Pioneer Avenue, Tuggerah NSW 2259. Tel: 1300 804 213.