In addition to the rights stipulated in these conditions, the end customer is entitled to statutory rights in the event of defects. These rights can be exercised free of charge and are not restricted by these conditions.
(Last updated: 01/06/2022)
1. GARDENA Manufacturing GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “GARDENA”) grants a two-year manufacturer`s warranty for all new Original GARDENA products (hereinafter referred to as “products”). If a specific product has a longer warranty period, this will be indicated by an icon printed on the packaging for the respective product and/or in the online product description available at www.gardena.com. The warranty is valid from the time of first purchase from the retailer pursuant to the following conditions, if the products have only been used for private use, i.e. have not been used commercially or professionally, and the defect is proven to have occurred within the warranty period and the claim is also made within this warranty period (hereinafter referred to as “warranty”). The date on the original sales receipt is therefore definitive for any claims. This warranty does not apply to products acquired second hand.
2.Under the warranty, we will – at our own discretion – either provide a replacement product that is free of defects or will repair the product that has been sent back to us free of charge, provided that the following conditions are met:
- The product has been handled properly and as per the recommendations in the operating instructions.
- No attempt has been made by the purchaser or a third party to open or repair the product.
- Only original GARDENA spare and wear parts have been used to operate the product.
- A copy of the original sales receipt is submitted.
3. This warranty is limited to replacement or repair in accordance with the aforementioned conditions. Replaced products or parts become our property. The warranty does not constitute an entitlement to lodge other claims against us as a manufacturer, such as for damages. In particular, you are not entitled to receive a replacement product while your product is being repaired. Warranty services shall not extend or renew the warranty period for the product.
4. This warranty is valid worldwide.
GARDENA shall be exempted from its warranty obligations if the fulfilment of the terms of the warranty would result in a breach of the provisions of national or international foreign trade law or a breach of embargoes and / or other sanctions.
5. To submit a claim under the warranty, please send the respective product, a copy of the original sales receipt and a description of the fault to the locale Gardena service center.
6. The warranty is governed by the law of the Federal Republic of Germany, to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). This choice of jurisdiction does not mean that you, as a consumer, are deprived of the protection granted to you by those provisions which, under the law of the State in which you are habitually resident, cannot be derogated from by agreement.