In addition to the rights stipulated in these conditions, the end customer is entitled to statutory rights in the event of defects. These rights can be exercised free of charge and are not restricted by these conditions.
(Last update: 01/06/2022)
1. GARDENA Manufacturing GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “GARDENA”) grants a two-year manufacturer`s warranty for all new Original GARDENA products (hereinafter referred to as “products”). If a specific product has a longer warranty period, this will be indicated by an icon printed on the packaging for the respective product and/or in the online product description available at www.gardena.com. The warranty is valid from the time of first purchase from the retailer pursuant to the following conditions, if the products have only been used for private use, i.e. have not been used commercially or professionally, and the defect is proven to have occurred within the warranty period and the claim is also made within this warranty period (hereinafter referred to as “warranty”). The date on the original sales receipt is therefore definitive for any claims. This warranty does not apply to products acquired second hand.
2. Subject to the following terms and conditions, GARDENA warrants to the end customer that the product is free of defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear on parts and components (such as V-belts, running wheels, lamps, air filters, blade fasteners, blades, turbines, toothed belts, spark plugs), changes in visual appearance or wear parts and expendable parts.
3. The services under the warranty are rendered by supplying a fully functional replacement product or by repairing the faulty product sent to us free of charge; we reserve the right to choose between these options. This service is subject to the following provisions being fulfilled:
• The product was used for its intended purpose as per the recommendations in the operating manual.
• Neither the purchaser nor a third party has attempted to open or repair the product.
• Only Original GARDENA replacement parts and wear parts have been used for operation.
• Copy of the original proof of purchase submitted.
4. This warranty is limited to replacement or repair in accordance with the aforementioned conditions. Replaced products or parts become our property. The warranty does not constitute an entitlement to lodge other claims against us as a manufacturer, such as for damages. In particular, you are not entitled to receive a replacement product while your product is being repaired. Warranty services shall not extend or renew the warranty period for the product.
5. This warranty is valid worldwide.
GARDENA shall be exempted from its warranty obligations if the fulfilment of the terms of the warranty would result in a breach of the provisions of national or international foreign trade law or a breach of embargoes and / or other sanctions
6. If making a claim under the warranty, please return the product to the retailer the product was purchased from, with a clear description of the fault. The original proof of purchase will be required. The retailer will conduct an initial inspection and gather information about the warranty claim. This information will be shared with GARDENA/Husqvarna New Zealand Ltd for assessment of eligibility for warranty claim.
7. The warranty is governed by the law of the Federal Republic of Germany, to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). This choice of jurisdiction does not mean that you, as a consumer, are deprived of the protection granted to you by those provisions which, under the law of the State in which you are habitually resident, cannot be derogated from by agreement.
8. New Zealand: This manufacturer’s warranty is in addition to the rights and remedies provided by the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act.
Husqvarna New Zealand Ltd (Company No. 111861) 51 Aintree Avenue, Airport Oaks, Manukau 2022. Tel: 09 920 2410.