Now that your pumpkins have been carefully harvested, let’s start enjoying them by preparing a tasty pumpkin soup.
1 brown or red onion
Salt and Pepper
1 apple (optional)
1. Wash and finely chop the vegetables.
2. Brown the onion in a large pot with olive oil.
3. Add the vegetables and garlic to the pot and top up with vegetable stock.
4. Bring to a boil then simmer until the vegetables are soft (alternatively, you could roast your vegetables with olive oil first to give your soup depth of flavour).
5. Add a peeled and diced apple (an apple may seem out of place but trust us, it’s delicious!)
6. Let cool and blend smooth.
7. For extra decadence, add a dollop of sour cream and roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds just before serving.
For information on harvesting pumpkins click here: http://www.gardena.com/au/garden-life/garden-magazine/harvest-time-for-pumpkins/